Self-Officiation and Spirit of the Game

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

10/31

I started PT last Wednesday for my hamstring tear. It is eye opening how fast muscles can deteriorate when you do nothing for a month. My legs are tired for a few hours after what I would've considered just a long warm-up before my injury.

Today's activity

6 minute slow and low resistance bike
Massage
Hamstring stretch w/band
  4x30s hold both legs
Single-leg raises w/ankle weights (1 lb) -
  Supine - 3x10 both legs
  Side - 3x10 both legs
  Prone - 3x10 both legs
Leg press (low resistance) -
  2 legged - 30x
  Single-leg - 30x both legs
Monster walks (green mini band) -
  2x15 both legs
Diagonal walks (green mini band) -
  2x15 both legs
Single-leg step up w/hold at top -
  3x10 left leg
Single-leg stability -
  Off-leg motion to front, side, back - 3x10 both legs
Calf raises -
  2 legged - 30x
Calf stretch -
  2 legged - 3x30s

I hope to be able to get back to some slow-pace jogging soon. I'm getting very lethargic and antsy with just sitting at home and doing PT exercises. Also I need to start training for that marathon that Tony and I are trying to run next October - esp if we want to go sub 3:30.

ARC


1 comment:

  1. Hey man, I feel you on getting antsy while doing PT. I just got done doing my first month of full-effort lifting after my injury woes and things are definitely different (but coming back to normal). I hope your recovery and PT go well!

    ReplyDelete