Self-Officiation and Spirit of the Game

Friday, December 15, 2017

AUDL Boycott

I've had a number of people ask me why I signed the petition.
It's a pretty simple thing in my mind. Women are humans. Men are humans. Humans should have the same opportunities regardless of random chance during conception. Currently not all humans have the same opportunities so I support pushing for them to be equal, and I don't just trust that it's 'moving in the right direction'.

Equity of gender/race/any other arbitrary distinction you want to come up with shouldn't be a process, it should be a flip of the switch. Unfortunately I know this isn't reality, but it should be.

The fact that the AUDL does not simply flip the switch to a mixed league or gender equitable format of some kind is obnoxious and the fact they won't even commit to working towards it is abhorrent to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment